Really really extra warm haramaki Merino Wool (with lycra for stretch)
Super soft and cosy. Great for lower back pain. Very stretchy. Please note: not fluffy like the Angora haramaki.
Size information here
Simple stretchy-knitted rib tube. Unisex. Kidney-warmer/Back-warmer.
Fibre content: Merino with lycra
Machine wash but on wool wash cycle. Keep spin short then gently pull back into shape whilst drying. Air dry.
"Merino wool is common in high-end, performance athletic wear. Typically meant for use in running, hiking, skiing, mountain climbing, cycling, and in other types of outdoor aerobic exercise, these clothes command a premium over synthetic fabrics.
Several properties contribute to merino's popularity for exercise clothing, compared to wool in general and to other types of fabric:
- Merino is excellent at regulating body temperature, especially when worn against the skin. The wool provides some warmth, without overheating the wearer. It draws moisture (sweat) away from the skin, a phenomenon known as wicking.The fabric is slightly moisture repellent (keratin fibers are hydrophobic at one end and hydrophilic at the other), allowing the user to avoid the feeling of wetness.
- Like cotton, wool absorbs water (up to 1/3 its weight), but, unlike cotton, wool retains warmth when wet, thus helping wearers avoid hypothermia after strenuous workouts (climbs) or weather events.
- Like most wools, merino contains lanolin, which has antibacterial properties.
- Merino is one of the softest types of wool available, due to finer fibers and smaller scales.
- Merino has an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio compared to other wools, in part because the smaller fibers have microscopic cortices of dead air, trapping body heat similar to the way a sleeping bag warms its occupant."
If you are out and about in the cold...this item is a must have !!!
martin roach | London | March 2022
So warm and cozy
I bought my Haramaki on the recommendation from a friend and I love it. I swim in cold water and I run. This helps me warm up after a cold run or after being in the sea. Makes a big difference.
Carol Wilson | Aberdeenshire | February 2022
This item was as described. Really warm and a good fit. Love it!
Karen | Scotlsnd | February 2022
Present for my wife
My wife is delighted with her haramaki. She said 10 stars would be a better rating!
Tim | Northants | January 2022
I love my ultra warm harimaki
I've been using the regular Nukunuki harimaki for post (cold water) swimming with a hot water bottle shoved down it!
But now I have the Merino Wool harimaki I'm so cosy and warm with the hot water bottle, warming up afterwards is completely different. I'm so attached to my harimaki I quite often wear it all day if I'm in the garden, shed, or outdoors. Incredibly comfortable to wear and supper warm. I've bought the Nukunuku harimakis for friends and recommend them to everyone.
Chrissie | London | January 2022
Showing 1 to 5 (14). Page 1 of 3.
(3)|£32.00£36.00Ultra warm and cosy Angora Haramaki belly-band - natural
(54)|£14.00Our best-selling Black cotton/lycra haramaki kidney-warmer.
|£12.00£16.00Angora Gloves - black
(1)|£14.00Angora wrist warmer