Really really extra warm haramaki Merino Wool (with lycra for stretch)
Super soft and cosy. Great for lower back pain. Very stretchy. Please note: not fluffy like the Angora haramaki.
Size information here
Simple stretchy-knitted rib tube. Unisex. Kidney-warmer/Back-warmer.
Fibre content: Merino with lycra
Machine wash but on wool wash cycle. Keep spin short then gently pull back into shape whilst drying. Air dry.
"Merino wool is common in high-end, performance athletic wear. Typically meant for use in running, hiking, skiing, mountain climbing, cycling, and in other types of outdoor aerobic exercise, these clothes command a premium over synthetic fabrics.
Several properties contribute to merino's popularity for exercise clothing, compared to wool in general and to other types of fabric:
- Merino is excellent at regulating body temperature, especially when worn against the skin. The wool provides some warmth, without overheating the wearer. It draws moisture (sweat) away from the skin, a phenomenon known as wicking.The fabric is slightly moisture repellent (keratin fibers are hydrophobic at one end and hydrophilic at the other), allowing the user to avoid the feeling of wetness.
- Like cotton, wool absorbs water (up to 1/3 its weight), but, unlike cotton, wool retains warmth when wet, thus helping wearers avoid hypothermia after strenuous workouts (climbs) or weather events.
- Like most wools, merino contains lanolin, which has antibacterial properties.
- Merino is one of the softest types of wool available, due to finer fibers and smaller scales.
- Merino has an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio compared to other wools, in part because the smaller fibers have microscopic cortices of dead air, trapping body heat similar to the way a sleeping bag warms its occupant."
A life saver
I bought this because I tend to feel the cold around the waist area. It is so comfortable, warm and cosy. I have had to work in very cold draughty conditions in a vaccination clinic over the recent cold spell, and this has been a lifesaver! I was so impressed I bought one each for my three sisters, who are delighted with their presents.
Denise | Kirkburton West Yorkshire | February 2021
I bought my haramaki to warm me up after winter swimming. What a find -its brilliant. Once I'm dried off and my haramaki is on I can feel the heat returning to my core . Would highly recommend
Val | South Ayrshire | February 2021
(2)|£34.00Ultra warm and cosy Angora Haramaki belly-band - natural
(2)|£10.00£12.00Winter Pastel Beanie Hats
(36)|£14.00Our best-selling Black cotton/lycra haramaki kidney-warmer.
|£16.00Angora Gloves - black
(1)|£12.00Angora wrist warmer